Lyman County native Senator E. James Abdnor to be buried at Kennebec
Former U.S Senator E. James (“Jim”) Abdnor died peacefully at the of age 89 on May 16, 2012 at Dougherty Hospice House in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Click on obituary to read the full obituary.
There will be a visitation with the family present from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m with a prayer service at 6:00 p.m. at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Sioux Falls. The funeral will be held the following day, Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. in Pierre at the Lutheran Memorial Church where Senator John Thune will deliver the eulogy. Following the funeral burial services will be held that day at 4:30 p.m. at the Kennebec Cemetery Abdnor family plot followed by a reception in the school gymnasium. Friends of Jim are welcome to visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/senatorjimabdnor to view the personal comments others about Jim and to add comments of their own.
Those wishing to make memorial contributions in his name may be made to the Abdnor Scholarship Fund at the University of South Dakota Foundation, the Greater Lyman Foundation, or the American Legion Baseball Post 22.
For obituary and online registry, please visit www.millerfh.com
- Lyman Grads proclaim their accomplishment
- Teachers receive raise
- Prairie Futures program guides nontraditional students to nursing degree
- Highway Patrol to Conduct “Move Over” Campaign Friday
- Burglar hits county
- Deadline to file for school board is Friday
- May Day Flowers
- Herald and SUN recognized at Association Convention
- Murder suspect sited in Lyman County, apprehended in Wyoming
- Forum introduces Republican candidates for commission
- Foundation awards $22,000 in 2016.
- 29th annual Band Dinners